12/17/10

Still in my head

I feel like I always journal about the same thing: crap with the ex...(so weird saying ex...), but that is what continues to consume my thoughts.

My life is pretty much made up of these things:
   1. getting over her
   2. trying to pursue God
   3. trying to figure out my future (what I want to do and what I'm going to do)
   4. other misc things (school, social interactions, sports, music, etc.)

The fact is, she still continues to be the #1 thing I think about (depending on the day, I suppose).  I do feel like I am thinking about her less, but if I am not busy my brain goes to her (this is what is happening now).  Is is healthy for me to busy myself so that I don't have the down time to think about her?  I have been  trying to fill my life with being obedient and pursuing God, but I have not felt the completion (or the movement towards completion) I desire.  I know that I never will feel 100% completion...esta impossible.  Pero, quierolo.  Comprendes?  (I wish I still took Spanish.  Suede, help me with this...).  [scatter brained much?]

Can I sincerely let go of you?  I think about how you surely have moved on.  When we talked last, it sounded like you had already moved on, that thinking about me wasn't a problem for you.  I suppose you have found the "surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus your Lord".... I have not found that.  When I think about how it seems like you have moved on past me, it makes me think that I have to move on to, and that I can.  But the hope of a life with you still glimmers in the darkness of my heart.  Why can't that glimmer be extinguished?  Do I sincerely love you, or can I just not let go of the "easiness" and familiarity of a life with you?  Farts!!!!

So I consistently have had this tension (since day one of break up) that I can't figure out if I really do love you, or if I just want to be with you because it would be easy...  I suppose it's a bad sign that I can't determine if it's true love....farts.  But seriously!  How can I move on if I am unsure if I should obsessively pursue you or forget about you?  That is what is holding me back, I think...

But when I do think about how you have probably moved on, my heart/stomach/morale/faith/soul drop...  It's hard for me to think about you and think that you have forgotten about me.  I don't want you to forget about me!  I want to be yours!  Can your mind be changed without me planting thoughts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I kind of want God, but potentially, in reality, my motives are selfish (completion, assurance, happiness).  But I still feel like I don't understand or appreciate God (and his gifts/love) to the extent in which I will be able to sincerely want Him (instead of his gifts).  I should want God primarily, not his gifts.  I should want Him, in part, because of His gifts, but primarily just because of who He is (right?).  But the reality is that I don't.

Sometimes I really feel like I am pursuing Christian faith completely blindly.  I tell myself that I am being obedient...but I'm essentially pursuing God blindly.  I suppose that is the definition of faith, but I suppose my "humanness" still desires proof, explanation, assurance...something to know that I am not crazy!  Sometimes I think I feel you, God, but most of the time I don't feel you.  My faith is in my head, not my heart.  I don't really communicate with you.  Communication with an omniscient, omnipotent, eternal being is awkward...How does it work?

I desire to pursue God intellectually, but the motivation for this is selfish...I desire to know more for myself, to be smarter, to talk smarter, etc.  I don't sincerely want to know more about God, especially not for His glory.

How can I change?  How can these fundamental faults possibly change within me?  I can't do it.  My doubts and hesitancy consume me.