9/10/10

Road of life

     How can this be right, when it feels so wrong?  So dark, so distant, no light in the night sky.  Everything is without definition.  Everything is blurry, without set boundaries.  It all flies by without any landmarks, without anything worthy to stop to see the sights.  There aren't lines.  There isn't a direction.  No arrows, no indications of the way home.  Where's the road when you need it?  No headlights.  No stop signs.  No map to show the way.  We're on our own.  There isn't anyone along on the ride to help us stay awake.  No one to talk to.  No one to pass the time with.  Monotonous exit after exit, leading no where.  Who will caravan with me through the road ahead?  Through the daunting unknown.
     Where can I turn?  Will you take my hand?  Will you take the wheel?  Will you take control once more?  Can I let you?

     Nope; not just yet.  How can I trust you?