9/28/10

What do I really want?

What do I really want?  What, at my deepest, do I desire?  What am I made for?  What will make me complete?  Am I still seeking completion in a significant other?
At the same time, how can I not look to others for aid in this world?  How can I not desire to have a significant other who is tangible and close?  I know that God can always be trusted and is always there, but I also think that He gave us the opportunity to share our lives with another for a reason.  He gave us this opportunity to get an idea of what a relationship with Him is supposed to be like, ideally.  He knows we are weak (I most definitely am) and we need aid to get us through.  I need another person to share this life with (I think).
Or is this just me making an excuse so I don't have to rely on God?

And what about my future?  Do I just want to continue to follow the path that society lays before me?  Or do I want to take a step back and ask myself sincerely, "What do you want to do with your life?"  I don't want to just pursue and acquire a job, because that is what I am supposed to do next with my life.  Kodak is the example for me to not just get a job.  I want to do something I enjoy.  I don't care about money; I don't care about location (well, maybe I do).  I want something I am passionate about.  I want to enjoy going to work.  I want to look forward to going to work.  I don't want to dread it; I don't want it to painful day in, and day out.