10/4/10

Do I sincerely believe these things?

Will you ever find someone who loves you more than I do?
     Not to sound pompous, but no, I don't think there can be another person that could love you more than I do.  I think back to the good times between us, I think of the intimate conversations and lasting memories:  no one can love you more than I can.  My heart is your's.  I will love you with my everything: my heart, my soul, my existence...  I will give up everything for you.  I don't care about my future apart from life with you.

How can I say that there isn't another person out there that would love you as much as I do considering the two times in our relationship that I broke up with you?
     I can't give you factual evidence.  I can't prove it to you unless you give me another chance.  I believe with my whole heart that I can be the person who loves you more than any other person, but you have to trust me.  If you don't believe me, or don't believe that I can be that person, then it doesn't matter what I think or believe.  I can't be the person who loves you the most if I don't have the opportunity to love you.

Will you ever find someone who treats you better or takes care of you better than I would?
     No, there cannot possibly be someone that would treat you better.  In the past, my treatment of you has wavered, I know that...I am human.  There have been definite times that I have not appreciated you and our relationship.  There have been times that I have been selfish.  There have been times that I really needed to take a step back and mature.  But all-in-all, I don't think someone can care for you more than I do.  You have my heart.  I will cherish and honor you with everything I am.  I will protect you and serve you to the death of me.

Will youever find someone who will seeks God more than I do?
     Once again, no.  I will gladly admit that my pursuit of God has been different than the next person's.  I don't have a perfect track record.  I have drifted apart from Him, and I will continue to turn my back on Him in the future, it is inevitable. But I will continue to pursue God with my whole heart for the rest of my life.  There is no greater calling; pursuing God is life.  He gave me everything, so it is only fitting that I give him everything.

Do I truly believe I am best for you?
     Two months ago, no.  Now, yes.  I am still not whole (and I never will be).  If you expect a significant other that is complete and perfect, than good luck, because you will be searching forever.  But if you want to be with another person who will day in and day out search for God, how we are supposed to connect with Him, how we are supposed to communicate with Him, how we are supposed to worship Him, and how we are supposed to lay down our lives and give up everything for Him, than I believe I can be that man.  I believe I can be the support that you need in all aspects of your life; emotional, mental, physical, spiritual.  I want nothing more than to be with you through all experiences of life, good and bad.

Do I believe we are supposed to be together?
     I don't know if I can say we are supposed to be together.  I desire to be with you, and I think that I could very well marry you, but I can't forsee the future.  I don't know if you will choose me as I have chosen you.  I would like to think we are supposed to be together though.

I say these things, but if you don't believe me, then I am wasting our time.  We are not meant to be.  That is ok.





"Most men spend a lifetime trying to pick up a conquest;  few are committed to orchestrating a relationship blended with God."