7/25/10

Journal Entry - 7/23/2010

     What have I been feeling lately?  I haven’t been journaling, and I haven’t chosen to take time daily getting in the Bible.  It has been a gross last couple of days.  Like I am beginning to shut down because this program is almost over and the real world is approaching.  It’s as if I have been living in a dream world the last 8 weeks, and I am starting to prepare myself for the wake up process.  Part of me definitely feels like I need to prepare myself for the real world, because it is and will be much different than what has the daily life this summer.  Here in a week (well, 8 days) I will not have 50 other people around all the time.  I will not have a small group of 5 guys that I can confide in, share with, and depend on.  Yes, I know that I can always call them and stuff, but it just isn’t the same.  That’s life.  You attend a sweet summer program, you leave, and everyone makes the transition back to normal, day-to-day life.  It’s unfortunate.  I mean, part of me is really glad that this summer is almost over, but I also wish that I could continue to meet with my small group and have great, uplifting, deep conversations.  But I know that isn’t reality.  We will move on.  We will lose contact.