So, Courtney left to be with her family over the weekend. She was gone all day Sunday till Monday evening. She comes back and there seems to be some distance between us. I don’t know if it is just her not going straight to me right when she got back, but it kind of hurt. I don’t know what is between us, or if there really is anything between us, but she seemed to be avoided me or keeping some distance between us. Why does this affect me so much? I don’t know if there is something actually wrong, or if she is just in a bad mood. But regardless, it severely affects my mood. She says that there is a combination of things that are bothering her. I asked right before that if what was bothering her was in some way related to us, and she didn’t explicitly say that it wasn’t, which leads me to believe that something about us is bothering her. I just wish I could talk with her, and be on the same page. I want to know what she is going through, and I want to help and console in any way I can. She didn’t say she didn’t want to talk to me, or that she couldn’t but she just said she wanted to be by herself. I understand the desire to be alone at times, it’s just hard because she has left me wondering.
Should I feel guilty or in the wrong for letting this affect me so much? It’s hard for me to think it’s wrong, because I really feel like I love this girl and I just want to know she is ok. I want to be sure everything is alright with her, with her relationships with her family, with her relationship with God, and with her relationship with me.